Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Comic Book Characters I'd Like to See

Comic books have always been a cheap source of entertainment for me. When I was a teenager, I would spend hours upon hours reading Groo the Wanderer and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (before they went mainstream in 1989, as well Japanese manga like Macross, Mega Zone 23, and a slew of other titles that I can't remember at the moment. I was an Otaku way before the term was coined in America, but that's not what this is about.


For the longest time I've drawn my own cartoons. Usually a parody of myself and the people whom I know, I would base certain stories off of real-life events. Most artists and comic book writers do this, or follow a similar formula, since it's easier to write material this way.

Kevin Smith is one of my all-time heroes. Not only does he give the comic book fanboy some credibility, he also inspires people to come up with their own ideas. One such idea I have is for a pair of anti-heroes who go by the names of FUCK YOU MAN and WHATEVER DUDE.

Fuck You Man would be a surly fanboy whose entire existence revolves around comic book collecting, video game playing, hentai viewing, and being a wealth of useless information. Because he always has to be right, he's earned the name of Fuck You Man for being such a dick to people.

Whatever Dude is his unmotivated partner who just does not give a shit anymore. He could win the California State Lottery, get a blow-job from a random hot chick, or could lose his car keys down a city sidewalk drain, he wouldn't care. His whole existance is just to roll with the punches without giving it much in the way of forethought or future relevance. That group of Mexican assholes wants you dead? Whatever Dude.

Of course, there would have to be a background to each character, otherwise their creation just wouldn't make much sense. Fuck You Man would be a Customer Service rep for a condom company, and Whatever Dude would be a temp worker at the local community center. Together they would go around town and act like a bunch of douchebags to people everywhere. They wouldn't stop crimes or prevent tragedies or anything....just get in the way and be a pain in the ass to everyone.

Heh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words