Saturday, July 02, 2005

Weekend Downtime

So I made it up to Osan yesterday after a harrowing bus ride through torrential downpour rains. Jeezus Christ. It was like the gods of Kunsan lamented my final departure by opening the heavens and releasing their wrath. The Koreans said it was the beginning of the monsoon season here, but from what I remember that usually doesn't hit until August/September time frame. Whatever.

I said good-bye to a few people before getting on the bus to make it up here. Sith Master bid me a fond adieu and said jokingly I was now a Sith Lord and no longer a Padwan in training. The light saber had been passed, and that I would have a Padwan of my own to mentor in due time. I felt that with Melanie I was mentoring a Padwan of my own, only I taught her everything I knew about the "Light Side" of Life. It had definitely been a while since I had recalled such knowledge, but it was what she needed to hear which is why I used such counsel with her. Even now I still reflect on the time we shared and wonder whether or not it did any good. While I would like to think so, the little demon inside my head says it was an overall waste, and that little demon is rarely ever wrong. I still have yet to hear from her now that she is in the States for 2 months, and know she will never write me for anything. Then again she was always selfish like that.

Today I'm going up to Youngsan one last time to fuck around there and see stuff. Tonight will be an early night for me since I have to catch a bus first thing at 6am to the airport. I'll get everything packed and ready to go before then, and won't start my partying until I reach Japan. This place, even with more freedom than Kunsan, is still restrictive. Mom and Dad are still watching you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words