Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Last day in the barracks

This is the last day in the barracks for me. I clear the dorm manager this afternoon and turn in my DSL connection box to the cyber cafe, and then it's off to Billeting for me. Tonight I am supposed to go out with friends one last time to have pizza and to get drunk on wine, so there may or may not be some drunk dials coming your way! There's at least one new person I need to call, and told her I would do so this week. I try to make good on these things too, so get ready!

I woke up this morning at 2am with my left eye completely swollen shut. It seems a mosquito has made a midnight feast of me during my repose. It wouldn't be so bad but I have to interact with people today and they're going to look at me like "WTF Machine?" as this huge, swollen thing around my eye diverts their attention. Ironically enough, the same thing happened almost a year ago to the day with my OTHER eye, and can only chalk it up to Korea being a breeding ground for all sorts of vermin.

Sith Master and I had a talk last night about my time here and the assholes who have made it difficult for people all around. While he didn't mention names and I'm not one to ask specifics, from the way it sounds things are going from bad to worse, and coming from him, it's bona fide. His advice has always been like money in the bank and the times I've followed his instruction, I've always benefitted one way or another. I can only wonder how things are going to turn out for this new crew coming in, and all I can say is that I'm glad I won't be around to see the end results. I just hope the guy doesn't get his ass kicked metaphorically speaking. This place will do it to yah.

Anycase I need to start packing, do some laundry one last time and start cleaning the place for this afternoon's inspection. I'll update and correspond between now and then but once I'm out for good, it may be a while before you hear from me. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words