Thursday, August 25, 2005

My Car



This is my car.

I've had it now for 5 years. It's a 2000 Volkswagen Passat I bought when I was living in the DC area. It's been a great car to drive and to own despite paying a fucking arm and a leg on my shitty government wages.

I am shipping it to Germany tomorrow and get to wake up E-A-R-L-Y so I can drive it to the port in L.A. My sister will follow me up and drive us back home once the paperwork's done. She goes up there all the time so it should be easy for her to navigate.

I hate fucking L.A. It is the space ghetto of the West Coast, just like New York City is the space ghetto of the East Coast. Twenty years ago it wasn't so bad, but now people drive like goddamned retards and there's never a parking space available when you need one. Not only that but I don't want some piece of shit bum trying to wash the windshield while I'm stuck at a stop light, although it could prove interesting if he gives me a reason to beat his head in.I just hope nothing happens tomorrow on the drive up!

When I get to Germany, I am seriously thinking about trading it in for something more Euro - like a Mercedes perhaps. While BMW is just as good, it's not my liking, although I might settle for one of those instead. The game plan for Germany is to make rank, finish schooling and save some hella fucking cash so I can invest it in stocks. I already have a pretty penny saved from my stint in Korea and Japan, but I don't want to throw it away on some piece of flash car. I'll party like a rock star when those stocks pay off and I have more money to know what to do with!

In the mean time, I'll use my parents' car or just have to WALK to where ever it is I need to go. Some fucking exercise would do me good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Machine said...

Very good question.

To be honest I've already done a coast-to-coast trip 3 times now, between being stationed in Korea and then at Andrews, and then to go back to Korea again.

The drive is murder. It was fun the first time but not anymore!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

when do you get to the new local?

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words