Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Natasha

Let me tell you about my friend Natasha. She is a Russian girl that I know here in Korea, whom originates from Stavrapol, near the Caspian Sea. Red hair and blue eyes, in the time I've gotten to know her, she's been really sweet and outgoing. I would gladly date her, only she's married and I'm not one to play in other people's backyards usually. Her husband is currently in Iceland on a remote tour and has been dragging his heels to get the two of them reunited.

Now something just doesn't add up. While I'm one to stay out of domestic disputes, it makes me wonder what the fuck is going on. Dude left Korea back in November and did little if anything to get Natasha on his orders. Either he was completely oblivious to how the system works, or he just didn't give a shit, but either way he took off and left her more or less stranded here. I'm thinking the latter. Most newlyweds are so retarded for one another you need to spray them with fuck-repellent just to get some breathing space, and going from one remote assignment to another, you'd think he'd want to take a guaranteed piece of ass he could right along with him, but again I suppose that's not the case.

What I am completely blind to is how the dynamics of their relationship works out. Again, it's none of my business to get involved with domestic disputes, but I have my speculations. While I can only guess what's really going on, I've gathered the following conclusions:

-Travis bit off more than he could chew marrying Natasha and won't admit it

- Natasha is very sweet but also very co-dependent upon men to take care of her, and will suffer his shit for the time being

- Travis doesn't know what the hell he's doing, period

- I've done the majority of the leg-work on this end for them both, getting Natasha to where she needs to go

As tempting as it may sound to fuck another dude's woman, I don't play that. A real man won't take advantage of the needy or vulnerable, especially when they have put their complete trust in him. It's just not cool. I may be a Demon but I'm no monster. Yes, there is a difference.

I remember the times I've been stuck in whatever place I was lost in, and made it out through the kindness of strangers. I would like to think in some cosmic sense, I am not only returning the favor for times past, but also paying it forward so she can somehow do good for the next person that needs it. I ask of no reward or concession, other than the fact I am doing something to make another person happy, and it shows. I saw Natasha today and she was in high spirits than when I had seen her previously. Travis means that much to her apparently. For me to rob her of that happiness would be lower than dog shit.

I think back to the time I dated Olga, a Russian girl I knew here in 1997. She had red hair and brown eyes and was a spitting likeness for Julia Roberts. I kid you not. Olga had lost her husband to the ethnic fighting in Chechnya and came to Korea looking for work. We hit it off and next thing I know she's pregnant on account of me. I wanted to marry her and take responsibility for the unborn child, only she would have nothing of it and ended up getting an abortion. It pissed me off that she would do that to me and to us, but she got a job offer up in Seoul that she didn't want to pass up. That's the last I ever saw of her and never heard from her since. It's pretty fucking shitty to have something like that happen, especially when you have no control of the outcome. For any women out there that hate men and think we're deadbeat fathers, I am the exception. Despite this one issue, Olga treated me better than any American woman I have ever dated, which makes me wonder whether or not I should move to Russia permanently and set up shop there in hopes for a family.

Perhaps in some way I am hoping these two have a chance where Olga and I failed. Deep down subconsciously I am probably acting out some kind of angst-ridden guilt that has plagued me on so many levels that I will probably never fully comprehend or even begin to understand, nor will I truly understand the profound impact I am having in this woman's life. Nobody else has bothered to help her from what I've seen which is pretty shitty. The military prides itself on being family-oriented yet we're the most fucked-up-dysfunctional-broken home the world has ever seen. Don't believe the recruiting commercials you see on TV.

In the end I think Travis and Natasha will separate. Call it a gut feeling, call it a Spidey-Sense on my part but the dude just isn't putting forth the effort from what I see. While I am not going to cast stones or resort to any kind of name-calling, I will say that Natasha is a very co-dependent person, and he's not delivering the goods. This doesn't make her any less of a woman or undignified in any way, but if you're not going to put forth the effort to live up to your responsibilities, then perhaps you should call it quits while nobody has lost an eye yet or something.

Through all the help I've given her, Melanie has observed from afar, and with bitter indignation, has made snide remarks about the whole thing.

"You're just doing this because she's pretty".

"You're just doing this because you want to fuck her".

"So if this was someone else, would you help them out too?".

"Are you going to take the Russian Juicee to the Airport?".

Stupid, immature shit. She's jealous that no man will show her the same kind of courtesy or respect that I have shown Natasha, despite showing her the same care and affection that I have for all my female friends. I have done more good for Melanie the entire time we've known eachother, but how quickly it fades when compared to the deeds for another woman. But this isn't a rant about Melanie, so I won't go any further with that.

But to answer her question, yes I will take Natasha to Inchon International since she has no idea how to navigate around the terminal and would have a panic attack amongst a gaggle of Koreans bound to Guam on vacation. I don't even want to imagine the fall-out surrounding that.

This Saturday Natasha will fly out of Korea once and for all. We leave early so I will have her stay the night on base in Billeting. I'd like to take her out drinking although I'm not about to spend a 4 hour car-ride to Seoul hung-over and looking like shit the very next day. I need to be cognitive if I am to properly see this girl off and wouldn't want someone to disrespect me the same way. While I don't expect any form of compensation for my actions, I would like to think that perhaps in some grand sense this will shave years off my time in Hell or at least get me laid when I least expect it.

Fortune presents gifts not according to The Book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

A real man won't take advantage of the needy or vulnerable

I love this.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Machine said...

Thanks.

I think.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words