Thursday, March 31, 2005

Souls

I jokingly told Brookie to sell her soul to me on Ebay the other day and poked fun at the concept by saying I would keep it in a jar on the bookshelf and control her like a zombie. From running errands for me (McDonald's run) to keeping me entertained (playing video games with me), she would be my own Frankenstein-Hottie to command and control. I don't think she found that amusing.

Anycase I'm off to an usual start this evening. I know it's a break from the whole Melanie drama I've blogged about this week so far, but it's nice to mix things up a little bit and get a change of pace.

Tonight's topic deals with Souls - we all have them, only we don't do anything with them. Some people say they're property of God while others say they're up for grabs, usually to the highest bidder. Sometimes the lowest if you just don't care what kind of mess you want yourself out of - any price will work.

I think your soul is the true representation of yourself, that nobody can deny exists. It's "you" in all your good and all your bad. Consider it to be a chalk board, and depending what you put on it, you will become as time goes by. Do good things for yourself, family and the community and it will react a certain way. Do bad things like lie, cheat, and steal, and it will react differently. In return, the status of your soul reflects the karma you're currently reaping as well as the karma you save up for future events. Karma is more so a balancing act than a system of rewards and punishments, but that's an entirely different blog spot all together. Let's just stick with the already said topic and run with it.

Ultimately what powers any diety, any messiah or prophet is the power of belief. The power of belief from their followers. Their followers have souls, so in essence their souls are the core of their power. That is why books like the Bible tell people that faith without works is dead. Works depends on how strongly someone believes in something, which is backed up by energy. No energy, no faith. No faith, no works, no souls.

No souls, no power.

See what a dilemma this is for an up-and-coming demigod? Right now Jesus, Allah, Vishnu, and the Buddha all have to battle it out just to get your attention, and sell you the best set of medicine they can. Only if you're like me, you don't need medicine or want it for that matter. You're doing okay for the most part. Go with what life gives yah and make the most of it.

That doesn't rest well when power is your ultimate goal. People like me are dangerous in the grand scheme of things. Because we choose NOT to believe, we're robbing whatever Justice League Friend of their special powers to continue existing. In turn they have less wattage than the other Justice League Friend they're trying to out-shine. They get pissed and usually dispatch one of their emissaries out in hopes to convert you. Jehovah's Witness, suicide bomber, Pat Robertson, etc. It's all about control.

Some people get way into the whole vampire thing - they think that sucking blood and running around like Bella Lugosi will somehow magically make them superior over the common person. While blood does hold key ingredients for power, it alone isn't enough to get the job done. You need the karma points to go along with them. That's why God in the Old Testament demanded a blood sacrifice in addition to atonement for sins from the Israelites. But again, I'm getting side-tracked. To devour blood is one thing, but to devour someone's soul is another. To gain instantaneous power permanently. My, what a concept.

I don't think such a thing is possible, just from my involvement in the occult, however the books, scrolls, and tomes of old are merely just a glimpse of what the supernatural holds in store. While there are psychic vampires present (usually someone like Melanie for example), they feed off your energy more so than outright gutting you on the spot. They don't want to scare off any other potential game. Considering these human parasites don't get struck down by lightning goes to show that the Justice League Friends are content sharing for the time being.

I would gladly trade in souls if I could. If there was a way to harness that energy I know I would definitely make a killing. Pun completely intended. I would buy low, sell high just like the Jews on Wall Street do, only to whatever god or goddess or devil that would give me top dollar. Certain souls I would keep for my own benefit, and put to whatever use I could think of. From playing winning Lotto numbers to getting a better house, I would squeeze every last drop of karma I could out of my collection of "nuggets". The beauty about it all is people will always fuck, they will always reproduce, and they will always tax our natural resources. So go to some of the overpopulated areas of the world like Korea, Japan, and China, and just let 'er rip. Come to think of it, since the Black Community has "soul", I wonder if I should start their first?

Bootsy Collins has always been a fave of mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey! I did find it funny! :) I just wasn't in a happy mood at the time... lol.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

So sell me your soul for $19.99 (plus shipping and handling) when you finally make it over here!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words