Wednesday, May 25, 2005

More Dan



Well it turns out that Dan isn't getting kicked out of the Air Force like we all thought originally.

I heard from him today via e-mail, explaining to me that he was moved to a different office and was told to wait there "until further notice" and not to ask any details as to whether or not he's going to get the boot. He concluded that the character reference letter I had written for him must've helped considering he didn't lose a stripe or anything like that. Good. I'm always glad to take care of friends like that.

What I think may have happened is that his commander got wind of the IG complaint that had been filed and how his leadership was trying to ass-fuck him by kicking him out when they thought about the legal repercussions once he did become a civilian once more - if Dan found a good lawyer, he could sue the government for improper termination practices and make a shit load of cash in return. It happens all the time in the civilian world and it even happened to someone in my family which is why I have a basic understanding of how these things work. If something like this were to ever happen to me, I would definitely know who to talk to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words