Saturday, August 27, 2005

Money Machine

Today I opened up a Roth IRA for the first time. It was pretty cool.

I've been saving a shit loada cash from my time in Japan and Korea and figured now was just as good a time as any to start investing some. Being totally new to the whole experience I sat down with my dad the other night and we touched lightly on stocks, mutual funds, and the importance on making your money grow. I had a basic idea of how everything was geared so when today I sat down with my advisor for the first time, it wasn't a huge shock of mis-matched phrases and shit.

Instead he explained to me in plain simple English how everything works and how it was good that I was doing this while still being relatively young. He glossed over a portfolio he had and made some recommendations that I think will pay off.

While I'm not one to give out "trade secrets" or anything like that, I will tell you the viewer that if you don't have a Roth IRA or if you haven't started investing in mutual funds, now is the time to do it. If you have the cash, then do it. It's weird, it's exciting and scary for someone that has never done it before but the long term pay-off is definitely worth it.

2 Comments:

Blogger NeverEnough said...

You're rich!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

Not really. But perhaps if I sell any kids I have into White Slavery I might be able to make a buck or two. Knowing my luck I'll get some retards and I'd have to pay the Russian mafioso to take them off my hands.

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words