Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Mall

So since I've been back in the States less than a week, I've decided to go to some place that everyone takes for granted - THE MALL. No, not THE MALL in Washington DC, although I will most likely visit the place at the end of this month, but the regular shopping mall where people go to buy shit and hang out at. Now most disillusioned angst-ridden youth will say how much the mall "sucks" and how "materialistic" the whole thing is, yet if you throw them out in the wilderness or send them to some shit hole country like GERMANY where there are no malls, they will fucking bitch and fuss and whine that they don't have all the amenities they're accustomed to. I've seen it happen time and again. But no, I love the mall because I can find everything I want under one roof - convenience. Video games, music, and rock t-shirts. They also have over-priced fast food that you end up pooping out within half an hour of eating it but here in San Antonio you can visit some Mexican Taco stand and have the same thing happen for mere pesos less. Of course everyone still looks like a mall zombie - lifeless stare and they're either hella overweight or they're the angst-ridden teens who think they're being so anti-establishment by shopping at HOT TOPIC for their pants and overly ridiculous shoes. Most Americans have no idea how good they have it unless they leave the US and spend any extended amount of time away, only to return. It's just that way. I chuckle when I hear people say how much things here suck and go about my business. If they only knew. One thing I DO find annoying still are commercials, although they're 10 times better than those annoying AFN commercials we're brainwashed with. Fuck that. There is one commercial for some stupid cell phone provider (update: Amp'd Mobile) or some crap that annoys the crap outta me - some blonde wearing a red wife-beater shirt looks like she's souped up on Meth or something, and she's rattling off in her annoying "fuck me" voice how cool it is this service is since she likes to talk and watch movies - I dunno. I've seen it on Comedy Central once or twice when flipping channels. No wonder I love the MUTE button setting on the remote. Anycase I saw the Mexican Silent Bob last night at H-E-B grocery store. He was wearing a CRADLE OF FILTH t-shirt underneath his Dickies long sleeve shirt and a Korn beanie cap. How and why the fuck he was bundled up in this 100+ F weather is beyond me. Just another thing that makes me wonder what the fuck goes through the minds of Texans alike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words