Wednesday, August 16, 2006

San Antonio

I dunno what it is about Texas but I can't stand it here. I must confess I like Germany despite the fact the people there are fucked-up and stupid in my opinion, but they're different fucked-up and stupid from the people here (if such a thing makes sense). I'm not talking about all the stupid tourist trap areas or anything like that - it's just Texas in general I suppose. Of course both my parents are from backwoods Texas although if you were to meet me you would never guess it. Growing up as a kid I would come visit relatives during the summer but it wasn't until much later did I begin to realize how backwards of a place this state can be. I've seen more Jesus fish stickers on cars here than anywhere else, as well as road signs and what not telling me I need to repent. If you were to go strictly with the Texas outlook on life you would never think there is anything outside this state - at least that's the vibe I get from most people. The hotel I am staying in is run by some dude from India. I've seen him a few times already and he has an Indian Buddha statue atop the mantle place most people don't notice. It's the skinny Buddha with a circle of flames around him, not the fat Asian Buddha we're accustomed to seeing. I can only wonder how him and other minorities (Jews especially) make it around here without feeling pressured. I must confess I like Europe better than being here, but would prefer San Antonio over some shit hole like Minot, Grand Forks, Cannon, or any other undesirable stateside location you can think of. All things considered I still wouldn't wish this upon those who are most deserving. Ugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

Say, doesn't a retarded president live there?

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words