Friday, July 08, 2005

Japan Part 2

I love the Shibuya part of Tokyo.

Yesterday I wandered around this Freak Capital just soaking in the atmosphere. It's the same place I caught the Black Label Society concert back in May, for both nights. I love the fact I can run around this place and not worry about the stiffs and corporate assholes thumbing their nose at me, or worse, other Americans giving me dirty looks on account I'm wearing a death metal shirt.

Which comes to the next topic. I found this KICK-ASS store that sells death metal clothing. Sorry, no photos. The Japanese chick that runs the place spoke really good English and had a photo album full of every band she has ever seen live, which was alot. She had everyone in there from Iron Maiden to Slayer and even had a photo of herself and Kerry King. Now how fucking cool is that? She also had a kick-ass selection of shirts that I couldn't find either on-line or anywhere else, but they were a little pricey. I figured WTF - where else am I going to find them? Bite the bullet and pay the extra difference in Yen. I bought a Slayer shirt, Venom, KFK Industries and a Nile shirt. If you know anything about these bands then you're already hella cool in my book. If not, go to Google or whatever and visit their homepages to find out more. Especially Nile.

Mailed a bunch of shit out today so I can travel lighter. It was my original intention anyways to do this and was banking on the New Sanno's Postal service as a means of making it happen. I hate having to lug all sorts of shit with me from Point A to Point B, yet vacationing sucks when you don't have some of the creature comforts you're accustomed to.

Tonight I'm going to go out and party some more. Suppose to meet the Russian chick for lunch - her name is Olga and called her yesterday to have her meet me at the Hard Rock Cafe. Of course we all know what's REALLY going to happen, so no need to elaborate. Let's just hope she doesn't decide to ditch my ass at the last second, otherwise I'll just have to get drunk with total strangers instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words