Friday, January 13, 2006

Der Geizhalz

I am one cheap motherfucker. I mean it.

I'll buy the generic shit without thinking twice, and will save my money for the really nice shit - automobiles and video games. Everything else is perishable and therefore quickly replaced - shampoo, toothpaste, underwear and food.

In this case, diet soda.



It turns out the Commissary is having a sale on Sierra Mist Free - an imitation Diet 7-Up or Sprite if you will. I've tried all 3 and can't tell the difference personally.

What I do know is that this shit is on sale for 39 cents a 2 liter. YES. THAT FUCKING CHEAP. Considering a 12 ounce can of soda costs 37 cents, this is a fucking steal!

So what did I do?



I bought 20 cases of the shit! Six bottles come to a case, so if you do the math, that's 120 bottles of pop. Four fucking months worth! A little over $48. That's pretty fucking cheap!

The Germans have a word for cheap fucking bastards like myself - Der Geizhalz. It's the first word I learned over here, thanks to Sabine. I swear, if she wasn't married I'd nail her 9 ways from Sunday. Eh whatever.

Now I can have those all-nighter video game sessions and not worry about running out of something to drink. Now if only they had a special on pizza.....

3 Comments:

Blogger BeENa said...

Diet Sierra Mist is my favorite. I can't stand Diet Sprite, and Diet 7Up is too hard to come by anymore.

Yay for Machine!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Machine said...

Or I can find a chick who will bang me and then buy me my favorite video games as means of payment! Let's put the shoe on the other foot here!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

WHOA! Holy cheapness. Awesome sale though. I thought I was all hoity toity with the BJ's Wholesale Club card!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words