Friday, March 24, 2006

Asswads

Yes, Butt-crack couldn't resist being a royal bitch to me today at work. We were doing our unit P.T. when Enrique made the jack-assy comment to me "So Machine where's the flood? Look at your jogging pants!" and then she started laughing at me. Not one to miss a beat, I hiked the leggings up to resemble that jack-ass LL Cool J and said "There yah go. How's that for high-waters?" and continued walking for a little bit. At that same time Butt-crack went from being almost tolerable to being Miss Bitch-on-Wheels and told me to put my jogging suit back to normal. I wasn't about to stop walking since I had everyone else behind me going the same direction and didn't feel like answering her right away. After the second and third time trying to get my attention, I finally said "JESUS CHRIST! RELAX ALREADY!" as I walked over to the corner and fixed my suit on the spot. If it's one thing I've learned from going to many concerts, it's that you don't stop in the middle of a crowd. You go with the current until you can find a place to break off, but Butt-crack being an uber-bitch didn't realize that. People like her piss me off - the fucking High and Mighty types. The military is full of them, and usually it's the rank that has gone to their heads. I've had to deal with ass-bag Superintendents and Senior NCOs who are all out to carve a name for themselves and get promoted off your hard work, but the moment it comes to rewarding you for making them look good, they get amnesia or pull some bullshit card and won't own up to their end of the bargain. It's this very reason why I now don't give a fuck whether I piss them off or not since I know their type. Fucking snakes in the grass. The difference is I won't give them any rope to hang me with. I'll say shit to get under their skin but nothing outright contemptuous or against regulations. Tonight our office is having a going-away party for another asswad I can't stand - BARBIE - and all day today people were asking me if I was going to attend. HELL NO. I was telling my supervisor how I don't talk to these people at work, so why should I spend my personal time feigning interest? I'd rather watch the new South Park on DVD and perhaps make a drunk dial or two. Besides it's rainy and I'd rather not be on the road if I can prevent it. Butt-crack will most likely be there and I don't want to see her annoying face, or Holly's bitchy-cunt personality either. I'm quite happy spending quality time with those who truly matter the most: ME Goddamn right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

Those types are all over the civilian world too. There, they're called managers or supervisors and their main qualification for their position seems to be incompotence--making decisions that don't make sense, ordering things to be done you know damn good and well won't work but you have to do it anyway because they're to boss. Some days I just have to keep reminding myself that I get paid by the hour-- not by doing things the efficient or easy way. I never attend those after-work functions either, unless its mandantory and paid, which it never is...

8:58 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

I've never seen "The Office" although I can imagine it's just like the drama we tolerate in the military. So long as I don't have to work directly with Butt-crack I should be fine, although our upper management is clueless like Buddhamonkeydevil points out. If I ever have to deploy with these people, I'll make certain not to trust them with any weaponry.....out of concern for my own safety!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words