Saturday, March 25, 2006

It's Back On

Yep, my German class recieved the minimum amount of people necessary to be conducted, so I am looking forward to starting up again come Monday. I went to the Maryland Campus bookstore yesterday and purchased the materials. There's the text book, work book, audio CDs and DVDs you can watch to go along with the lesson plan. I tried using the DVDs from the first book only they didn't work at all. Then again I bought my shit used from a prior student so perhaps something happened to them before hand. I really need to get out and practice speaking German too. For the most part I hate people and I'm anti-social and I'm content just keeping to myself, but I need to make an attempt if I want to openly communicate. I usually read the lyrics to KMFDM, Rammstein, and Hanzel und Gretyl since they're pretty easy to translate although there's still alot of shit I'm unaware of. Now that I'm taking an intermediate level class, perhaps things will improve. Oddly enough, I've been having to use my French as well. I've been looking at the Tanxxx website more and another artist by the name of Marie Meier who lives in Alsace, France. I took French in high school only because I didn't want to take Spanish. Growing up in San Diego you'd think it would be a no-brainer but I heard the shit all the time, especially down in Tijuana, and grew sick of it. The times I've been to Paris and Belgium it's been priceless, as well as the time I worked with the French military when I was deployed to Turkey in 1991. I was getting hook-ups left and right because I was the only person in my A-10 squadron with an invaluable resource. We even had a Bar-B-Que for them and they hooked us up with some really great wine. Man those were some good times. There's that translation program - BabelFish - which is unreliable and has too many syntax errors. It's good for simple shit like one or two words, but really you need a good old-fashioned text book or a dictionary if you want to write something. I use it only on occasion since the damn thing sucks so bad. Tonight I might go to the local gasthaus to see whether or not I can meet some dumb German bitches I can practice speaking with. I'll even play it to a "T" by bringing my book and appearing completely clueless. Once they see I'm trying to fit in, I think I'll be able to get someone interested in helping me out, and hopefully doing my homework for me as well. Why work harder when you can work smarter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words