Sunday, April 23, 2006

Work

I had to work yesterday and will be going in again today - to do some bullshit. Right now I am literally a one-man shop and the way how this upcoming week is going to unfold, it is better for me to take care of shit in advance than to drag my heels and have my thumb up my ass. I suppose that's the down side to being proactive - you tend to be compulsive about shit. My commander wants me to brief some big wigs because I've been Johnny-on-the-Spot with shit and it has made a good impression. Fuck. Truth of the matter is I am perfectly content to sit at home on the weekends, do some house cleaning and fuck off and play video games. I want to go out with people and get drunk but having to work the next day it's not happening. Everyone is convinced I am going to make rank this cycle because of all the shit I do - but is it really worth it? It will only mean that I will have more weekends like this and that's not what I'm all about - I'm all about BALANCE between work and play. Too much of one thing is bad but since the military has been cut every which way with personnel and budget spending, you have one person doing the job of five now. The other day my supervisor and I got into a conversation - I was getting a mid-term feedback and in a nutshell she was very pleased with the job I've been doing. She did bring up that someone called me "chauvanistic" over a comment I made in jest last year, but decided to bring it up out of the blue the other week. I think it was probably Barbie since she's gone now and most likely wanted to try burning me as a parting gift but who cares - it's like the pot calling the kettle black - I had to deal with more angry Femin-nazi bullshit from her and other females I've worked with in the military over a longer period of time so if she really wants to make a mountain out of a molehill, I'll go toe to fucking toe. What pisses me off is the fact she didn't have the tits to be a woman about it and confront me directly. Eh - who cares. She's gone and I no longer have to deal with her angst. I am going to be a one-man shop essentially until mid-June when I get some new window licker in from school. This kid is gonna be wet behind the ears and I'll have to teach him everything I know. I'll even go so far as to shove the regulations up his ass if need be, just to make sure he doesn't turn out becoming another fuck-up like so many of my co-workers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words