Saturday, May 28, 2005

Tokyo Crud

Some how I caught some crud while I was in Tokyo.

For the past week I've been coughing and hacking up all sorts of disgusting shit from my lungs and sinuses and can only attribute it to all the running around I did while I was over there.

Last night it got so bad I woke up around 2am looking for some cough syrup I thought I had, but was mistaken. The other alternative was to drink a shit load of water in hopes that would give me some rest instead. Some how it worked.

I'm the type of person who is rarely sick. I don't smoke and drink only on occasion. I wash my hands every time I meet someone, after shaking their hands, and make sure to wash up every time I use the bathroom and before I eat. I even wash my hands AFTER eating too, I'm that conscious of it. While I am no stretch someone who qualifies for having Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, washing my hands is completely paramount to my health. I learned that during my time as an EMT.

Korea is the epitome of unhealthy living. From open sewers to garbage littering the streets, it's no wonder so many people here come down with active forms of Tuberculosis and what not. People spit on the street all the time and it's fucking gross. I was running around downtown Kunsan City today and I saw a FUCKING RAT out in broad daylight. It was scurrying along the sidewalk of the busy intersection I was at, taking some shelter under a nearby parked truck. The majority of rodents and other vermin are usually reluctant to come out during daylight hours, and to see this giant bastard running around like he's not afraid of anything really drives the point home how filthy this whole country really is.

SARS, Avian Flu Virus, Japanese Encephalitis - all that shit comes from this part of the globe for a reason, and as many times as I have frequented this part of the world, it's surprising I've never contracted anything serious like that. Fucking Hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words