Friday, June 24, 2005

Moving

Well the movers came yesterday and today to get all my shit. I kept a few necessities behind (laptop primarily) to keep me "functioning" between now and the time I leave here next week. Because I am going back to the U.S. for 2 months, I thought it to be prudent to mail out some other luxuries to keep me preoccupied while I am home visiting relatives - X-Box, PlaySatan 2, clothing and music items. I figure that way when my folks start to get on my nerves, or none of the hotties I try to hook up with want to give me the time of day, I can always crawl back into my old room, power up the TV and stay preoccupied until my heart's content, or people get a change of heart.



The movers yesterday were pretty cool. Two younger Korean dudes in their mid-late 20's that were stuck moving the majority of my shit. Movies, games, my CD collection - I shit thee not, I had over 1000 CDs at one point although I think I've lost many due to the numerous times I have moved while being in the military, but it's still a royal pain in the ass to pack these fuckers. If it weren't for the fact the majority of what I have is hard to find or out of print, I wouldn't care what happened to them afterwards, however I value music the way most people value gold or silver. As a show of gratitude for not bitching and fussing at me in Hangul, I gave them some beer I had in my fridge as they were leaving to go move the next person fortunate to escape this prison camp commonly known as Kunsan Air Base.




The movers today were a bunch of Korean old farts that didn't want to be bothered with moving the rest of my shit - clothes and military stuff primarily. What took the 2 dudes yesterday only an hour took these guys well over 2 just to get this shit done. I heard them cursing alot and one dude kept on commenting about all the different video game systems I have - PS1, PS2, Game Cube, X-Box, etc. like he was thinking about breaking into my shit once they had left, and suddenly his grandson has a new birthday present. Although everything has been documented on the proper Bill of Lading form, these PCS moves are notorious for shit either getting damaged or disappearing all together once the owner's gaze has been diverted. I had a combat bottle of Soju laying around, so I gave it to these fuckers in hopes they won't steal my shit when nobody's looking.

So now my room is barren and already my phone has been shut off. I'm surprised I still have internet connection although I wonder how much longer it will last before that gets cut too. Oh well. Whatever. If push comes to shove I can always go to the library to keep you blog junkies updated. If you don't hear from me then you know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words