Sunday, January 22, 2006

Der Geizhalz Strikes Again!



Wow.

The Commissary was having yet ANOTHER sale this past week! The item in question?


NOODLES.


I love them. Ramen, Yakisoba, and Udon noodles. The 8 years I spent living in Asia has me hooked on them - that and rice. I could live on an Asian diet for the rest of my life and be completely happy with it.

Anycase, like I was saying, there was a shit load of these Ramen noodle cups on sale and bought them right up. People were looking at me like I was some freak (again) because I filled my shopping cart full of these and then proceeded to check out. Some kids were trying to steal some of mine and gave them the Machine scare-glance I give when people invade my personal space.



So now I have like 24 cases of the shit. I even took one in to work to eat for lunch, and the other case is on the kitchen table. Three minutes in the microwave and I'm eating like a king.



Yes, the Cheap Ass has struck again!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruckus said...

you fucking kill me:) how much were they?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

They were $2.25 a case.

Do the math, I could eat one a day for 4 months straight!

6:23 PM  
Blogger BeENa said...

Would it surprise you to know I just bought bunches of ramen noodles myself?

Eerie.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Machine said...

Nah!

Great minds think alike!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Ruckus said...

they won't be the same without the korean spicy red pepper paste. i am addicted to the stuff:)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Machine said...

They sell the Korean ramen in most Commissaries around the world! It's the Japanese stuff that's really hard to come by :(

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ruckus said...

i am taking my powdered red pepper with me to Nam:) it could make almost anything edible:)

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words