Thursday, March 30, 2006

Shut up and Color

Today I was about to go talk directly to my commander how Wonder Woman is such a royal fucking idiot, but at the last second was 'requested' by my supe to go talk with our captain first. Okay whatever. The military has this chain of command thing for a reason and I suppose that it wouldn't hurt. I don't wanna get my ass burned by these fuckers so I'll do things formally just so I can say I gave the system a chance only to still fail anyways. So I decide to go talk with my captain about this bullshit. I show her the rosters that are made as well as the previous rosters where I pulled stand-by on New Year's holiday and now 4th of July weekend and even the e-mail Wonder Woman wrote to my boss essentially telling me I was S.O.L. Well, to make a long story short, my captain is just as worthless as Wonder Woman is, and here's why: Despite having ample evidence before her eyes, she told me that "this is the way it is" and to essentially shut up and color. Despite the fact she agrees with me (what the fuck - run that by me again?) that it's not fair, she's not going to do a goddamned thing about it. Of course she'll discuss this next week in the morning meeting with everyone but she didn't mince words whatsoever when we were behind closed doors. Her reasoning was that it's "so difficult" to make the roster for stand-by *coughbullshitcough* that the details aren't what's important. What IS important is that the squares get filled up and so long as everything looks good on paper, that's all that matters. She also threw in some bullshit how she didn't think it was right for the new people to pull stand-by when they just get here, despite the fact I did it within a month and a half of arriving to Ramstein. Well, after I got an earful of that (she can talk forever thereby using misdirection to her advantage) I told her that I was still going to elevate things to my colonel, only that I would still let her "take care of things at her level" out of respect for her rank. I don't even have to guess because I've been playing this game for so long, as to what's going to happen next. She's going to get all the senior leadership around and paint some fucked up picture about me to everyone, telling them how "deviant" and "subversive" I am for not letting this thing drop. Despite the fact I was a complete gentleman when talking with her and didn't so much as to raise my voice or behave in any way inappropriately, she will make me out to being some type of office bad guy. It's happened before and it's going to happen again, unless I either leave the military all together, or I just remove my nuts, lay down, and let them walk all over me. Well kids that ain't gonna happen. Nope. The Machine don't play that. I've taken way too many beatings to give up now and I've stood my ground through the worst of storms to still come out in one piece. I do have a trick up my sleeve and will shortly put the shoe on the other foot. DORK as it turns out, has back-up standby one week and primary stand-by the very next, and said something to our boss about that too. I've even gone so far as to convince him he needs to convince Ms Brain-Dead to say something about it also since she's pulling two holidays as well. One thing I learned from all my beatings is that if you get enough of the peons pissed to where they will say something in unison, you're practically untouchable. Leadership won't burn you since all eyes will be on them, and you walk home a hero that day. Providing I can pull that off, I won't have to resort to the black candles and burnt parchment. So now the waiting part begins.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manic The Doodler said...

Even if you don't get the result you want, at least you're taking action and doing what you can about a situation you see as wrong. It's much better than sitting around stewing over something and being a victim. What you're doing is coming from a position of power... That's something to be proud of.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Machine said...

Thanks guys - it's awesome to know that I'm not the only person who has this perspective. My boss was even like "WTF" when she heard me tell her all the bullshit that was going on. Unfortunately it's even above her level now too and there's little she can do.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words