Monday, June 05, 2006

Rothenburg City

Sat-turd-day I went to Rothenburg City which is a good 3 hour drive. I dragged my mother out there and STACY decided to tag along as well since she had nothing better to do over the weekend. Stacy is not your prima donna trophy girl by any stretch of the imagination but she's fun to hang out with and if I'm lucky I can convince her to be a friend with benefits. She says I'm too old but we'll see about that. Anycase Rothenburg has a Midieval Torture Museum as well as "Hell Restaurant", in addition to being very well preserved. I look at this snapshot in time and wonder what the fuck happened to the rest of Europe. Granted it's a tourist trap but aside from a fresh coat of paint and electricity, very little has changed over all. It makes me wonder why America has become such a shit hole too and how we've allowed it to become what it is. I took a shitload of photos and decided to post my favorites. Take a look-see. The Iron Maiden Shame Masks and iron shoes An Executioner's mask and axe This is a book on SAINT WALBURGA taken from the museum of witchcraft just behind the torture museum. Walpugisnacht is aptly named in her honor. "To Hell" A quaint restaurant despite its name. There are little toy devils in the window pane you can't see from this shot. The original (?) street sign Close up of the table cloth. There is this one church there that allegedly has a glass vial that contains 3 drops of the blood of Jesus Christ. Personally I think it's a crock of shit dreamt up by some bored city officials as means of increasing tourism since the time of Jesus Christ's execution he was just another garden variety nut-job running around the Roman empire. It's no different than someone claiming 300 years from now they have the blood of Elvis Presley preserved. Still, it's a pretty altar and I will crop and post the pic when I get around to it. Someday. Anycase tomorrow is 6 June 06 - aka 6-6-6 day. This is when ANTI-CHRIST MAN will appear to all the bad little boys and girls in his wrestling outfit and treat them out to cake and ice cream. It should be a real hoot. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruckus said...

i like the restaurant...will definately have to go if i get the chance to visit:)

enjoy tomorrow:)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Happy 666!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

Awesome. Sounds like fun C.Adam.

And thanks everyone for remembering me on such a special day. I even wore my Coop Devil t-shirt!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words