Saturday, June 25, 2005

Barracks Life

I hate barracks life.

For the majority of my time in the military, I've lived in the barracks whether I had a choice in the matter or not. Usually the latter, as now. When I was younger it didn't bother me so much since the dorm-style environment was a good way to meet friends and get dates - now that I am just shy of being in my mid-30's, I think it's the worst living conditions you can experience next to the ghetto or a Siberian gulag.

The rooms are abysmally small as I have taken photographs before and having lived in a HOUSE when stationed in Japan, to return to a 50' x 30' square room just doesn't cut it in my opinion. This is more of a prison cell minus the bars around the window and doorframe.

Just like a prison you may or may not have a room mate. The younger troops usually do however it's still not uncommon for someone in my grade to have someone bunk up in the same area if space gets tight and they have to shuffle people around. After all, you are considered to be the ultimate in public servitude, so being shoved in a room with a complete and total stranger shouldn't phase you one bit.

The ultimate that pisses me off is when you have people playing their goddamned music at 2:30 on a work morning, while you're trying to sleep. For the past year I've had to contend with people's music coming through the walls and through the ceiling since I live on the ground floor and next to a day room. Not only that, but the fuck-tards that smoke like to smoke outside my window since it's right by the day room and they can pop back in quickly without missing whatever TV show is on while putting another nail in the coffin.

Fucking assholes.

I hate people that are inconsiderate and socially irresponsible. Not irresponsible in the way like some giant corporation like Exxon dumping industrial sewage into our waterways once the sun goes down, but people that have no common decency to others but themselves. These are the same people that throw litter on the ground, or cigarette butts when there's a butt can not but 10 feet away. These are the same assholes who fucking use the kitchen on the second floor and then leave all sorts of trash and shit everywhere, dishes piled in the sink, crumbs and stains on the counter-top and then expect someone to clean up after their mess. The same fucking assholes who come in at 2 in the fucking morning, drunk off their ass and start screaming shit in the hallways.

If you're one of these people reading this, then FUCK YOU especially! You know better than to do this shit, yet you continue doing it anyways. You're a grown adult so whatever junior high school somantics you think might be cute or funny need to stop immediately. I've been patient for the longest time but I'll call the cops on your ass for noise disturbance from now on and won't give a shit either way. Then we'll see about the value of common courtesy.

I am going to Germany from here and so help me once I arrive there if they want to shove me in the barracks once again, I will fight the thing tooth and nail or marry the first slut I can bag, just to avoid spending more time in this prison environment. Enough's enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words