Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Jack Daniels Bottle Signing

Okay. Perhaps I've been a little hard on the whole Ramstein/KMC area. Yesterday for example, something COMPLETELY KICK-ASS happened and no way in HELL would this ever happen anywhere else. To be quite honest I'm surprised that this happened considering how Puritan-esque the DoD is becoming towards alcohol and tobacco overall. Nevermind the fact that our grandparents' generation fought hard, drank hard and smoked hard and ended up winning the largest wars in the 20th Century, but within 50 or so years it's amazing how these P.C. cry-babies get the upper hand. I blame the 60's for this horseshit but whatever - not to chase a rabbit or anything.

This old motherfucker - Jimmy Bedford - is a god in my book. Why? Because he is a Master Distiller at the Jack Daniels place there in Lynchburg, Tennessee. He's the dude who has been brewing this foul-mouthed concoction for well over 30 years if memory serves correct and chances are you've tasted a swig of his brew if you've ever done a shot of Jack. Now tell me he's not one BAD MOTHERFUCKER please! This dude has been responsible for countless bar fights, countless one-night stands, countless unwanted pregnancies, and countless dollars thrown down the drain in pursuit of folly. I wish I had that kind of influence over people!

Anycase there was a line set up to meet this dude at the Shopette. I stood around and chatted a few people up before getting to the dude and shaking his hand for everything he's done. I had him autograph this big-ass bottle that I will never open - a 1.75 liter bottle. Fucker cost me an arm and a leg too but it was fucking worth it! I also had him autograph a bottle of "Gentleman Jack" and a bottle of "Single Barrel" which are respectively the better blends of Jack. It's my understanding that the difference between the three is the similar to that of Unleaded, Unleaded Plus, and Super Unleaded for your car. I picked up an extra bottle of "Gentleman Jack" that I will open for New Year's Eve next week. I'm looking forward to it!

I also picked up some free promo shit - a t-shirt and a bandana - I wanted a hat too only I would've been really greedy had I taken all 3 - aw fuckit - I should've snagged one anyways. The way I see it, I'll use the bandana for my head when I go to the gym and the shirt I'll wear if I ever decide to go out sometime. Chances are I'll use it as a jizz-rag or something.

So, here are the photographs of the shit he signed for me. I consider him to be this year's Santa Claus since he brought me something I actually want!







Enjoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words