Monday, March 13, 2006

Like a fat kid on a treadmill

Like a fat kid on a treadmill, I was going nowhere fast today.

I hadn't slept any and I had my test for rank I had to prepare for. I tossed around in bed and finally gave up and started cramming like mad. Fucking crazy too. Usually I don't get worked up or excited over promotion boards, but for some reason I was freaking out this morning. I finally took a 3 hour nap but still felt that rush of adrenaline hit me when I woke.

I took my exams today and felt really great on my first test. It dealt with all sorts of military customs and courtesies and all that horseshit. The second test regarding my job I didn't feel so good about - alot of fucked up questions I wondered where they pulled it from out of their asses exactly. My current job I've been doing a little over 3+ years now, since I was an involuntary cross-trainee. See, Uncle Sam likes to move people around every so often due to budget cuts and when you take someone who has been proficient as an EMT and a clinical technician for most of his career and overnight shift them to a world of unrelated bullshit, it takes a while to adjust. Plus there are still alot of programs and regulations I am not familiar with. My training volumes only offer so much info, and the rest comes with on-the-job experience. I suppose I'll have to bitch and fuss more to management to get me in these other positions pronto!

Anycase I am Kentucky Fried Zombie-tired and will crash early tonight to make up for all the sleep I didn't get last night. While part of me thinks I made promotion, I thought the same last year only to be disappointed when they didn't announce my name. To say I was heartbroken and disappointed was a huge understatement which is why this year I'm not even gonna sweat it. If I make it I make it and I'll go rub it in everyone's face whose ever talked shit about me as I laugh all the way to the bank. If not I'll still talk shit to all the people who talk shit about me and tell them to get off their goddamned high-horse.


The bottom line is I just still want to be a pain in the ass to those truly deserving, and having another stripe to tack on will make me all the more insufferable!

3 Comments:

Blogger Machine said...

Nah. I'm still fresh out of "currency". Korea drained me like that last year.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

Spoken like the Man Downstairs himself, C.Adam. I guess I should start writing my IOUs right now?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

Will it involve me FINALLY getting laid?


Oh please, count me in!!!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words