Sunday, October 30, 2005

Cheap-ass furniture sucks

Cheap-ass furniture sucks. Donkey balls. If you're like me you're on a limited income (read: broke) and have to go for the shitty stuff that Wal-Mart or Target gets in stock. While Target tends to be a little bit nicer, this shit definitely ain't Ikea or anything top of the line. Still, it's functional and you can bring your friends over to your house and not feel like a complete douche-bag moron. And then we have the furniture that the BX gets. For $35 I thought I was getting a pretty good deal. There was a 5 shelf stand made from aluminum metal sheeting that seemed easy enough to assemble. For what I wanted this was the perfect thing and at the right price too. A Phillips head screw-driver, simple to follow instructions that a 5 year old could master, and voila, I'd have a TV stand for my room where I could put all sorts of various shit. Wrong. Even though this shit says "Made in the USA", I'm convinced it's the cheap NAFTA shit made in Mexico, AND THE BOX is made in the USA~! None of the pieces fit together tightly and the metal sheets are bent out of shape and have been made in a piss-poor fashion. It's like Hector or whoever was working the metal press decided the 5 pesos he was making an hour just wasn't enough and that he was going to exact his revenge on me, the consumer. Well, that he did and this $35 waste of time and resources is going to the recycle bin first chance its gets. AAFES is full of cheap bastards that won't accept returned merchandise unless you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt it was fucked from the get-go. Unlike Wal-Mart or Target, AAFES has no shame in ripping your spine from beneath your shirt in broad daylight, and doesn't care who sees. They have the market cornered overseas and any revenue they lose Stateside is easily made up over here. Fucking kidney thieves is what they are. So, I wasted an entire afternoon fussing and cussing this metal piece of shit when I could've been playing video games or jerking off instead. I'm convinced that shitty furniture needs to have a giant warning sticker placed on the side of the box, just like CDs with controversial language and video games with controversial content have stickers on them. WARNING: THIS FURNITURE YOU'RE ABOUT TO ASSEMBLE IS A PIECE OF SHIT AND DOES NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE PHOTO ON THE BOX ONCE YOU ACHIEVE THE END PRODUCT. BUILD AT YOUR OWN RISK. MONEY-BACK OFFER NOT GUARANTEED. Perhaps if they showed the asshole who's stuck behind the machine press for 12 hours a day having to stamp this shit out, it would make people think twice before purchasing this crap. I know I would.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruckus said...

Isn't that the truth. At least you would feel better after masturbation:) I almost peed myself laughing at your warning lable. Can't you have IKEA ship you furniture

4:11 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

There is an Ikea store about an hour out of Kaiserslautern but you have to pay the shitty Euro prices (read: arm and a leg).

Who knows. I just might end up driving out there anyways.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Ruckus said...

That is too bad:( Maybe you should combine a trip with some other peeps so that you won't spend so much Euro driving around by yourself. I love IKEA furniture, too bad about the arm and a leg prices. Damn Euro...

10:15 AM  
Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Can we see a picture of this furniture? That would help with my visual.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

Sure thing CG. It's all in a huge pile in the corner of my room. You'll be impressed by the way it looks on the box!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words