Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sex, Lies, and Deals Gone Wrong

I go to visit Julie, an old flame again this weekend and I wasn't expected for what I was about to hear.

Julie and I had met in England 6 years ago - we dated the short time we were together and had agreed that if our paths ever crossed again, that we would pick up where we had left off. We were free to see whoever we wanted since we were going our separate ways, and ended things on a good note.

Throughout the years I had managed to stay in touch with her - something she now tells me is unheard of with most of her friends. She rarely makes it a point to write unless they take the initiative first. Hearing this I thought I had scored major cool points and that getting laid was definitely in the bag.

Well, this is where things take an interesting turn......

Her loser boyfriend Brad just decides to break up with her out of the blue last weekend. He decides he no longer finds her to be attractive and is more or less done with her. I get a text message from her telling me this on my cell phone, and call her to see what's going on. Through all sorts of tears she explains to me how she was dumped and how she's really hurting. I console her and cheer her up. Considering I didn't like Brad upon meeting him (and few people do for that matter), I figured it was rubbish out of the way. One less swinging dick to contend with.

So I drive over to her place Friday night. Lemme tell yah, my Passat handles like a DREAM on the Autobahn. Since there is no real speed limit per se, I was making very good time as I traveled. I figure we'd go out, get sauced up at the Gasthaus (pub) across the street from where she lives, and then go back to her place and fuck like monkies, only she tells me that she's not "ready" for that yet.

Okay. Whatever. It's not like I'm Mr Date-Rape or anything so I'll respect her wishes despite my urgings. I figure that anything can happen within the next 24 hours so no rush - no need to push your luck.

Last night takes a completely different twist, and something definitely happened. Some smelly Kraut named Harry decided to warm up to us in the Gasthaus and starts buying drinks. I return the favor and throw down 20 Euro on the tab. We get plenty liquor'd up and then decide to take a taxi to the next village over and go to another pub. About this time this is when I notice that Harry is taking an interest in Julie but think nothing of it. People tend to get touchy-feely when they have a few drinks in 'em so it's no big deal. Well as the night progresses, he becomes friendlier with her to the point where they're sucking face in front of everyone. A simple hand around her waist now turns into full tongue action.

I was pissed. Fucking pissed. This asshole whom I don't know from Adam is moving in on her and she's letting him do this when just 24 hours earlier she's telling me how it's too soon for her to move into anything physical with someone. I want to punch this fucker right in the face but he's cool! How do you handle that? Instead, I choose NOT to make a scene since I will only end up looking like a douchebag and a retard and figure I will just let things slide for the moment. If I can continue to milk this fucker for free drinks then so be it.

Sooner or later you have to answer to the call of Nature after you've downed a shitload of Jagermeister, vodka, beer and whatever. Harry decides to follow me into the Men's room and while I'm pissing mid-stream, decides to ask for my "blessings" to start dating Julie. Hold on. I barely KNOW you and no way in Hell am I gonna agree to anything like that, especially when I've spent the past 6 years working on her through correspondance. It just doesn't happen that way. "Dude I barely know you. I can't make that decision" I told him as I zipped up and started walking out.

The night continues and I get severely hammered. By night's end I'm drifting off and am partied out. I figure if anything, I'll talk to Julie in the morning about what happened when I have a clear head. I end up going back to her place when I decide that there's no time like the present and put her on the spot.

"What the fuck was THAT all about?" I enquired.

"It just happened. Besides I hate being the bad-guy." she replied, not knowing how to justify her actions.

"Bullshit. You'll do that with him but you won't hook up with me again?" I threw in her face. "I thought we were trying to get back together again. I suppose I'm wrong."

Julie then began to explain to me how she hooked up with me in England under "false pretenses" - whatever the fuck that means - and how she was in it just for herself at the time.

"So all of this has been a charade?" I thought to myself. I was pissed but didn't show it and decided I would sleep it off. Besides I figured, she would cut Harry loose by the night's end and it was nothing more to be concerned with.

So I crashed and slept off my alcohol-fueled angst, only to wake up and find that she had a "visitor" spend the night with her. Yep. Harry was sharing her bed - some dude she has only known as a face at the Gasthaus for the past 6 months, now takes priority over someone she had a relationship with for the past 6 years. I'm still trying to do the fucking math on that one, but once again I wasn't about to cause a scene and be a dickhead about it all. When I saw him this morning I was cordial and what not but the moment he left the house, I laid into her.

"So it's too early for anything intimate but that just happens. Julie, I am going to ask you a simple question and I'm going to be direct. Are you trying to play me for a fool?"

She was stunned. Speechless.

I had never been that forward or that abrasive with her in my life. Considering the circumstances, it was warranted. After all, I'm not going to drive an hour and 20 minutes one way just for fucking milk and cookies.

"Just answer yes or no. Am I wasting my time with you?"

She started giving me the bullshit excuse again from last night, in which I wasn't buying any of it. She tried dancing around the topic by telling me to stop and after a moment of silence I replied "I'm going to think about this" and stormed off into the next room. If this is her way of testing me, it's total bullshit considering she knows that I wouldn't do that shit to her. Ever. Then finally she said she was going to cut Harry loose and explain to him how she really wasn't looking for something like that to happen. If and when she does, I'm really not concerned for the moment.

Instead, I view this now as an open invitation to start looking local and seeing what I can find. Perhaps I was foolish to believe I had a chance with her still after all these years but if that's the way she's going to run things, two can play at that game. I can easily go fuck one of her friends and already have someone in mind I can start chatting up. I suppose that everything I've done for her just amounted to nothing last night.

Now most of you are thinking that perhaps I should just cut and run. On the contrary. I intend on showing the endurance I have to go the distance. I get the impression it will be only a matter of time before this bridge gets crossed again and she might feel differently. I've been reluctant to start dating any locals where I live but after last night I consider the gloves to be off and everything's fair game now. She's wrong to underestimate me and just might find out what a mistake she's made.

4 Comments:

Blogger NeverEnough said...

I feel your pain...

11:39 PM  
Blogger BeENa said...

Yes. Screw her friend. On her bed.

You could even screw Harry on her bed. Would be funny, except for the whole anal sex thing.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude I have been in her EXACT situation and I can tell you for a fact that Harry didn't just happen and that she didn't want to be the bad guy.
she wanted his dick. plain & simple. for whatever reasons she didn't want you to be her rebound dick so she got him to be it. pretty fucked up if you ask me, esp after the whole 6 year thing.
I don't know yawls relationship or nothing, but I don't see how getting "revenge" back at her is going to help things any or even teach her a lesson.
she doesn't seem like the type that would learn that way...

3:16 PM  
Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Agreed with Ms B.

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words