Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Black Forest

So today I went to the Black Forest to see what the hell all the fuss has been about the place.

Eh. It's pretty nice I suppose.

I admired the countryside and of course the town I went to - TRIBERG - was a complete tourist trap of sorts. They're out to squeeze every last penny outta you that they can and won't even think twice about it. According to the tour guide the Black Forest has been around for thousands of years and was relatively untouched until the Middle Ages. The Romans were scared shitless of the Black Forest originally and thought the place was haunted due to the fog and the fact the trees are black, and didn't bother much with it when they invaded Germany. In reality I figure they saw how densely wooded the place is and figured what a royal pain in the ass it would be to clear the land out for farming and wine making purposes and left it alone. There's plenty of land available for them to live like the fat lazy slobs they were when they were running around kicking everybody's biblical asses.

I took a bunch of pictures of the place I need to Photoshop and put them up here when I get the time - tomorrow I am going on a Rhine River Cruise so it most likely won't happen any time soon.

I did see this one hot chick that bore a striking resemblance to RUCKUS until she removed her sunglasses and I could see her eyes. She was a little bit taller too.

Oh yeah. And I saw a biker gang of Satanists ride through town. No shit. They all had the Baphomet Pentagram on their riding jackets. I didn't catch their gang name since they were going too fast but I was jealous either way. At the same time I was pissed off they weren't riding HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLES - no no no - they were riding shitty Kawasaki motorbikes or something of the sort. I mean COME ON. No self-respecting biker Satanist would be caught dead on anything less than a Harley. Why not ride a BMX dirtbike instead if you can't afford one - at least the people who ride one of those things have the balls to back up riding one of those rice burners. I pointed them out to my mom and she wanted to know if I wanted to join their gang or not. Oh the irony.

We ended up buying some retarded cuckoo clock that she was whining about all week. It's pretty nice too - all handcarved and plays the song "Edelweiss" whenever the annoying bird starts chirping inside. They had an owl clock (an owl was inside the clock instead of a cuckoo and went "hoo-hoo") but she didn't want that one - nobody did most likely. I didn't buy a clock for myself however I did find a lovely wooden box with the German eagle and the word "Deutschland" carved beneath it. When you opened it up, it had a carved inlay of the Black Forest that is extremely detailed. It was just too beautiful to pass up, so I purchased it. I'll take a photograph of it, and will most likely keep my Baphomet necklace inside it when I am not wearing it.

Anycase tomorrow I'm going to be gone all day again. Maybe I can puke on some other snotty tourist during the boat ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruckus said...

did you get a pic of my twin???

i can't wait for you to visit in august...you have to bring your pix of germany with you:) and your carved box;)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Machine said...

Unfortunately no - her husband was looking kinda dorky and would most likely spazz out. But she reminded me of how pretty you really are.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ignore these four words